Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Me and her

There's a woman I work with who I have lovingly dubbed "The Freakazoid Bitch." She's responsible for either canning my best friend or at the very least not coming to his aid. That's not the only reason she bugs me. She is also loud, she wields her power too zealously and is very immersed in office politics. I neither like nor trust her. She neither likes nor trusts me.

So why is it that when things go badly for her, she actually seeks me out?

First it was when her boss was let go. She told me about it in advance as we went to the announcement meeting together (she came looking for me) and confessed she was scared that she would be next. Today she made a point of telling me how scared she was about a letter she got from the IRS.

This is very weird. I like us better when we're busy not liking nor trusting each other.

1 comment:

  1. Well, perhaps with the unsteady market she's becoming more low key and finally realizing that playing nice might be the best option.

    www.silverneurotic.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.