Wednesday, October 01, 2008

A music meme with specific directions

Stolen, of course, from Kwizgiver. I'm glad that the rules and procedures are spelled out so plainly, as I'm having trouble concentrating on anything but THE CHICAGO CUBS today.

1. Grab the nearest CD.
2. Put it in your CD-Player (or start your mp3-player, I-tunes, etc.).
3. Skip to Song 3 (or load the 3rd song in your 3rd playlist)
4. Post the first verse in your journal along with these instructions. Don’t name the band, nor the album-title.

Billy Ray was a preacher's son and when his daddy would visit he'd come along
When they gathered 'round and started talking, that's when Billy would take me walking
Through the back woods we'd go walking
Then he looked into my eyes
Lord knows, to my surprise

If choose to play, come back and let me know. Kwizgiver stumped me with hers and I'd like to redeem myself.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:05 PM

    OMG, I can't believe it - I know the song and I didn't even have to look it up!!
    "The only one who could ever reach me, was the Son of a Preacher Man" by Dusty Springfield.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i knew it too! I have it on a compilation cd that I made and I just love this song!
    good meme, I may borrow it gal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:35 PM

    Cool meme, I might give it a try.

    www.silverneurotic.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEY! I got it too! :) (Chances are good that a David Cook song would pop up on mine but you never know. I might try it.)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.