Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I wish I was remembering this

The math is still in the Cubs' favor. But this is the second consecutive game that they lost in the 9th inning. It's SO frustrating, as reflected by Lou Piniella's comments after Tuesday's game, as reported by The Sun-Times:

''We're playing like we're waiting to get beat,'' Piniella said, building into a red-faced, two-minute eruption that reverberated into the hallway outside his office at Busch Stadium following a 4-3 loss to the St. Louis Cardinals.

''We had many chances today again and we had many chances Sunday against Cincinnati, and it's the same result!'' he said. ''If we had played ball like this all year, we wouldn't be here playing for a championship! We'd be playing a spoiler role for somebody else!

''I know we're trying. I've got no complaints about with the effort. But you've got to get the job done! We can talk about having fun. We can talk about relaxing. But you've got to get your damn shirts rolled up and go out and kick somebody's ass! That's what you've got to do! Period!''

I love Lou. I have faith in Lou. IN LOU I TRUST.

I just wish we were comfortably ensconced in the play offs and I was merely looking back on this stressful, brutal final stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.