Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Don't get me wrong. I'm not UNhappy.

I'm just not HAPPY.

My best friend won't be visiting Chicago this month. The Cubs have lost 7 of their last 8.

But then he likes his job better these days, and we have a nice, solid 4-game cushion at the top of the NL Central.

I miss my best friend. He would say something comforting right now to shake me out of this silly, borderline gloomy mood.

It's just some of us have waited our whole lives for a Cubs World Series appearance. I know it's not a cure for cancer, but it's important all the same.

3 comments:

  1. From Red Sox Nation, I can appreciate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.