Saturday, August 02, 2008

DAY 2 -- August 08 Happiness Challenge

Today's choice is easy and obvious … "Go, Cubs, go! Hey, Chicago, what do you say? Cubs are gonna win today." So they did! 5-1 vs. the Pirates.

For me, Cubs baseball is more than just a spectator sport. Two of the most passionate Cub fans I've ever known, my dad and my grandmother, would have loved this team. This manager, too. Lou Pinella reminds me of Leo the Lip from my long-ago girlhood. The Cubs are my continuity, the thread that runs from summer to summer and generation to generation, and I feel privileged that I was able to take my nephew to his first game last month. I hope it helps him feel connected to the family Cub fans he'll never get to meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.