Sunday, August 03, 2008

"The check is in the mail"

So my new freelance client tells me. It better be, because today I spent the money.

I took a writing assignment for the friend of a former coworker. It was fun, a nice respite from the financial services I write at my straight job. Plus it made me happy and proud that I was able to make my former coworker look so good.

Oh, and there's the incremental $412.50. That's nice, too.

Today I spent just over half of it. I bought a Roomba 415 (newer than my current, two year old, much loved, but no longer working well Roomba) and got a pedi at the local salon that is good enough to be open on Sundays. (Puerto Vallerta Violeta again. Maria the manicurist complimented me on how soft my heels are! I feel like I got a gold star on my homework.)

I'm having lunch on Tuesday with the former coworker who set this up. I've already done a couple of quick assignments for her this year, too. I wonder if Tuesday will be business or social. With the agency world as it is right now, I should snap like a turtle at any incremental income that's offered to pay for luxuries like vacuum cleaning robots and Sunday pedis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.