Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tuesday Tunes

"Too Darn Hot," as Cole Porter wrote so let's go with a bit of word association this week.

Remember tell us the first artist/song/album etc that comes to mind when you see the following words

jazz:
Chicago's own Judy Roberts

cool: "Get cool, boy!" from West Side Story

swing: "You tell me that you've heard every sound there is, and your bird can swing," "And Your Bird Can Sing," The Beatles

club: Culture Club

street:
The E Street Band

thank:
"Thank You, Girl," The Beatles

rose:
"Second Hand Rose," Streisand

party:
"Tonight we're gonna party like it's 1999," Prince

sex:
"Why Don't We Do It in the Road," The Beatles

water:
"Smoke on the Water," Deep Purple

For more information, or to play along yourself, click here.

5 comments:

  1. Nice list. I had to look up a few.

    Love the Prince song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:53 PM

    Great list!

    Why Don't We Do It In The Road...brilliant choice! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was fun, I would like to borrow it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:18 PM

    That Prince song was on the radio today. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. "...and your bird can swing..."

    I just listened to that song the other day. I can't believe I didn't think of it!

    Great list this week!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.