Sunday, June 08, 2008

Is it OK if I never move from this spot?

It's already hot and humid outside, but in here it's 75 glorious, climate-controlled degrees. USA is running back-to-back episodes of Law & Order: SVU and I love watching Elliott and Olivia solve crimes and resist falling in love. I have a strong urge to never, ever move from this spot on the sofa.

I must take a shower, of course. And I should go to CVS to pick up my prescription and a six pack (there's only one can of brew in the frig -- more will be needed for the Cubs/Dodgers game tonight at 7:00). And I promised, PROMISED myself I'd do my floor exercises on those summer days (like this one) when it's too hot, too humid, or too stormy to go out for my 10,000 steps.

But it is Sunday, the day of rest. I wouldn't want to overdo it. So yes, shower (no, make that a bubble bath) … beer run … leg lifts and Elliott and Olivia sounds about right. I can accomplish all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.