Sunday, June 08, 2008

Not happy here!


If I haven't been moving a lot, my left heel hurts when I stand up. I know what this means.

THE RETURN OF THE DREADED PLANTAR FASCIITIS!!!

Aka "heel spurs." Caused by my having incredibly flat feet. I battled it once before, in the summer of 1999. In those days, a combination of cortisone shots and ultrasound therapy was required. Since then I have sworn off heels altogether and in warm weather wear only Birkenstocks or other sandals with reinforced heels.

I hope that I've caught it early enough that I can treat it on my own with Advil, ice and calf exercises. If not, I predict that this summer, a very grumpy gal will be spending way too much time reading back issues of Redbook in her podiatrist's office.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.