Sunday, May 04, 2008

Retail Therapy

• A pair of denim shorts (so depressingly big they look like the flag of a small country)

• A pair of lightweight blue slacks

• A pair of lightweight black slacks

• Good Skin All-Firm Moisturizer

• Set of multi-colored striped sheets

• A pair of teeny-tiny lavender onesies (a former coworker is awaiting the birth of a little girl)

All for $121.99

Between sale prices and my special discount for being a cardholder, I saved 61%.

Everything I bought I needed (note how I avoided the sunglasses), and everything was a bargain. I'm not in looooove with any of these purchases, but I do find my discipline and frugality satisfying.

To exercise discipline and frugality, you don't wander the aisles at Nordstrom or Carson's. To impress yourself with your self-control and your good money-sense, you gotta go to Kohl's.

4 comments:

  1. I went there last Wednesday with my mom and sister. I bought a new pillow, a coffee mug and lavender spray for my bedding. I spent just over $10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kohls is one of my favorite stores! I went in there a few weeks ago to buy 44 handtowels. ( for my salon, I am not a psycho.) They were a great price, everyone was helpful. You do really get a lot for your money there. ( I DIdN't know they sold moisturizer)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best for sales! But I gotta leave "all the boys" home for me to do serious shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to go shopping this week. I need the retail therapy AND I need to pick up fondation at the clinique counter, these A$$hole have made me wait 3 1/2 months to get it. WTH??? The girl called today and asked me how much I wanted to buy so she could put them aside. She was disappointed when I said 2 only.

    Fuck? I have been buying another shade (lighter) and mixing it with a darker one to get the perfect shade. I bought 4 bottles so I'm not going to buy 10 bottles to please her. Dang!!!

    I need to pick up 2 toys (bakugan) for my friend's kids birthday this week and maybe something nice for me. :D I'll try to get everything but the clinique On sale.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.