Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Really? I didn't know that!

It's almost spring, when this Gal's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of baseball. And, of course, to my beloved, future Hall of Famer Greg Maddux. Believe it or not, there are still things for me to learn about him …

• I knew he played both baseball and basketball in highschool in Las Vegas. But I didn't know he spent his early childhood on an airforce base in Madrid.

• I knew that, through his Maddux Foundation, he supports youth programs and domestic crises shelters. I didn't know that last season he provided more than a thousand Padres tickets to San Diego children's charities, too.

I love him. Rumor has it this could be his last season. How I wish he was closing out his career where it started -- in the friendly confines of beautiful Wrigley Field!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.