Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Not working for me, dawg

American Idol felt awkward and forced tonight. Not the performances, I enjoyed those. Brooke ("Let It Be"), Carly ("Come Together") and Amanda ("You Can't Do That") were especially entertaining doing some of the most important songs of my personal soundtrack.

My complaint is with Ryan Seacrest and his "banter" with Simon Cowell. It was adolescent and most of all, not funny. Let's try to remember, gentlemen, that this is a singing competition, not Last Comic Standing.

(I can't believe how into Idol I've become!)

3 comments:

  1. Is it time for me to start watching American Idol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:40 PM

    On the topic of The Beatles-I noticed today that the Biography channel is having a sort of Beatles night on Thursday. There's a show on the Women of the Beatles then followed by two shows/concerts of Paul McCartney. I'm not sure if you have the Biography channel-but I saw the commercials and thought of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:09 AM

    I actually thought I was going to be less into it this year and somehow I'm totally sucked into it. I'm still in love with Jason Castro. You are right though - I'm beginning to wonder if I should tivo it and only watch the singing and NOT watch any Ryan!

    Also, LOVED your Thurs13 today. Entirely fascinating! That's what's fun abt cities, imo.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.