Wednesday, March 12, 2008

He's here! Now somehow it will all be better.

Oh, I'm still surrounded by problems and heartache: upheaval at work … one friend that I now have a standing date with, on his way home from weekly appointment with his oncologist … another who is heartbroken about parting with her dog … the friend who's wrestling with the unpleasant reality of his divorce … the one who is facing major problems with her kids … the one who is assiduously not facing his need for an implanted defibrilator …

But it's OK because my best friend just rolled into town! Actually, he's in kind of a pissy mood, too, because of the client meetings he's facing all day, but I don't care. He's here! He's here!

I will tell him everything and he will listen and everything will be seem more manageable and in the proper perspective. Also, he can be depended on to make me smile and hug me. I think he's so good at this because he's a dad … Or maybe it's because he's one of the few people in this world who gets me and wouldn't change me, even if he could.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:02 PM

    Ah, how good it feels! The hand of a friend. (Longfellow)

    Enjoy! (Snowbird)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect quote for the moment! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.