Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A meme to cleanse my palate

I want to write a festive, happy yuletide TT, but I'm not feeling very upbeat or Christmasy (see post below). Thanks to Sassy Lucy for tagging me, giving me something to write about as I transition from blah-blah-blah-blah-blah to fah-la-la-la-la …

Crazy Eights Tag

8 Things I’m passionate about
*The state of our union. I care very deeply about what's going on with this country
*Animal welfare issues -- especially spay/neuter and making adoption everyone's first option
*My own fabulous felines
*The Chicago Cubs
*The Beatles 
*Sir Paul (My adoration is so expansive it deserves two mentions)
*My friends
*My family (esp. my mom, niece and nephew)

8 Things I want to do before I die
*Lose some damn weight (taken verbatim from Sassy Lucy's 8's, but it's a good one for me, too)
*Redo my bathroom and kitchen (I've been planning for 5 years now)
*Visit states I've never been to (like Wyoming, or Alaska)
*Renew my passport (I keep saying I'm gonna …)
*Get rid of all the clutter! I'm not being metaphorical here. My apartment is overrun by paper and stuff!
*Stop fixating and awfulizing
*See a World Series game played in Wrigley Field
*Do more and do better

8 Things I often say
*"My beloved, future Hall of Famer Greg Maddux"
*"The thing of it is …"
*"I, on the other hand, thought it was funny"
*"Can I ask you a question that's none of my business?"
*"Hi, hi, oh, hi!" (Which is gal-speak for, "I'm so glad you called")
*"You know I completely love you, but …"
*"I don't hate Sox fans. I pity them."
*"Sure, I could do that … if I was someone else entirely"

8 Books I’ve recently or currently reading
* American Legacy by C. David Heyman (current)
* Courting Trouble by Lisa Scottoline (current)
* Now and Then by Robert Parker
* Manhunt: The 12 Day Chase for Lincoln's Killer by James L. Swanson
* The Other Woman by Jane Green
* Almost Paradise by Kieran Crowley
* Diana by Sarah Bradford
* Where There's a Will by Rex Stout

8 Songs I could listen to over and over
*The Old Heart of Mine by the Isley Brothers
*River by James Taylor
*I Will by the Beatles
*Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts by Bob Dylan
*Rosalita by Bruce Springsteen
*Sunday Morning by Maroon 5
*If Only You Knew by Patti LaBelle
*Come See About Me by The Supremes

8 Things that attract me to my best friends
*Sense of humor
*Compassion
*Honesty
*Smarts
*Diversity
*Tolerance
*Love of animals
*They tolerate me

8 People I think should do Crazy 8s
I'm not tagging anyone specifically. But I encourage you to check out these answers, as well as Sassy Lucy's, and then let me know if you decide to play so I can check out your responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.