Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Heads & Tails #6


The theme for this week's Heads & Tails is "Ten Things."
I've listed 10 characters who star in their own book series,
and who I feel I've come to know.


1) Nero Wolfe, an obese, orchid-loving genius detective, by Rex Stout

2) V. I. Warshawsky, a detective and a Cub fan, by Sara Paretsky

3) Spenser, a smart-ass Boston detective, by Robert B. Parker

4) The Southern Sisters, two genteel crime-solving retirees from Birmingham, by Anne George

5) Amanda Pepper, Philadelphia prep school teacher who can't keep away from crime, by Gillian Roberts

6) Kay Scarpetta, great cook and great medical examiner, by Patricia Cornwell

7) Jim Qwilleran (and Koko and Yum Yum), the most popular columnist and sleuth in Moose County, by Lilian Jackson Braun

8) Kinsey Milhone, the Santa Theresa detective who is working her way through the alphabet, by Sue Grafton

9) Britt Montero, a savvy Miami crime reporter, by Edna Buchanan

10) Becky Bloomwood, the Shopaholic herself, by Sophie Kinsella

For more information, or to play Heads & Tails yourself, stop by Skittles' Place.

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:00 PM

    I love Scarpetta! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love 6 & 8. Haven't heard of the others. Who would you recommend most?
    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:49 PM

    I'm not too familiar with these, but good idea for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Books! Love them! :)

    I would add Dirk Pitt in the Clive Cussler books, Jack Ryan in the Tom Clancy books, and Travis McGee from the John D Macdonald books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:53 PM

    Ooh, I love 6 and 8 especially! Have read some of the others but like those the best. I'm surprised you didn't mention either of the Kellerman's characters or the Janet Evanovich books! I bet you'd like those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah a new perspective list, a nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey I actually know some of them!! Especially the kitty sleuths. They are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, our lists could definitely intertwine this week! Since I know (and love) 6-8, and it seems that we read the same stuff (go check our my post and see for yourself!), I'm figuring that I now need to get to know (and love) the other characters that I haven't met yet! Thanks for the list, I'll take it with me to the library and bookstore!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not familiar with these, but I do love books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The only one I don't know is # 7... Otherwise, I thought I was the only reader of # 5...tee hee hee

    I love Becky Bloomwood!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm working on Shopaholic Takes Manhattan right now. Doesn't Becky just drive you nuts?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Little late, but theres a new scarpetta book out...Book of the Dead...came out on the 23rd.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.