Saturday, January 20, 2007

Back to the future

I'm going to do it. Today I'm going to make the appointment. And next month it's going to happen.

I'm going back to my original haircolor.

Or a reasonable facsimile. I mean, let's face it. God wasn't that kind to me in the first place. So soon I will go from a redhead to a pale brunette.

I've been dying my hair for 26 years now. That's more than half my life. Since my hair grows fast, this means that twice a month for more half my life I've looked for Nice 'n Easy on sale … smeared Vaseline behind my ears so I won't dye the skin back there … sat around for 30 minutes with gook on my head … and been stuck doing a separate load of wash for my dye-stained towels.

By going back to a slightly improved upon version of my original color, the contrast when my roots grow in won't be as drastic, and I shall only be saddled with above chores every six weeks or so. (What will I do with all that extra time?)

Besides, it's time for a major change. And I'm intrigued by the idea of trying something new by trying something old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.