Sunday, November 05, 2006

Orlando vs. Kit ... guess who wins

Last night we celebrated my niece's 14th birthday. That girl has always been my heart. But, no doubt about it, she's growing up. I'm proud of who she is becoming, but I miss who she was.

Whereas once she loved all things American Girl, especially Kit, now she loves all things Orlando Bloom. Crayons and dress up outfits have been replaced by CDs and DVDs. While she hasn't begun worrying about her skin yet, she did add a lot of haircare product to her birthday wish list.

Some things remain the same though. As Birthday Girl, she chose the restaurant where we dined. It was Old Country Buffet. She prepared for the ice cream and cake awaiting her at home with pie ala mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.