Monday, October 30, 2006

One of us has changed

It must be me, because poor young Regan is frozen in 1973. But no matter how you look at it, things aren't the same between us.

When I first saw The Exorcist, I had already read the book, knew what to expect, and yet it still scared the crap out of me. But this evening, when I happened upon it on AMC, it was just ... well ... funny.

And it was The Big Scene that I saw tonight, too. Father Damien asks our girl Regan/Satan to prove she's all that by coming out with his mother's maiden name. Regan responded with a steady stream of green vomit. Yes, I tuned in just in time for The Pea Soup Scene. Somehow, this time around, it was just goofy. The next scene -- Mom folding Father Damien's freshly laundered tunic -- was kind of a hoot, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.