![]() |
| My 2026 Happiness Icon |
Today's Happiness: Two old ladies from Florida. This one is hard. I'm in a bad mood because of my neighbor (see post below) and because the Cardinals shellacked my Cubs. But then I looked at the mail I'd heedlessly tossed onto my coffee table.
I got two postcards today! One from my Cousin Rose, from her visit with cousin on her dad's side, Marlene. The other from my Aunt, on a road trip to Pigeon Fork with her husband and dog.
These are the last two people alive who held me as a baby. They both exasperate me – Rose because she can't stop telling me how to live my life and Auntie because she can't stop being more MAGA than thou. Yet they both love me. I know they do. And the universe reminded me of that today.
That's a lot to be happy about.
Happy August Happiness Challenge!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.