Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Three Nice Things about Myself -- Day 20

My blogging buddy, Kwizgiver, wrote a post that really resonated with me. She detailed how self-care helped her helped her prevail during a (ridiculously) tough month. Her tips were very wise and so doable! So she has inspired me to take one and integrate it into my own life.

Since I can be a pretty harsh self-critic, this is the one I chose. I hope I can do this every day during March. By then it should be a habit, right?

Three nice things about myself -- March 20:

1) It was only $1.75. I have been more careful with my money in 2024 but today I did something stupid. I bought a train ticket I couldn't use. In years gone by, tickets were good for 90 days, but as of February 1, they're only good for 3 hours on the day of sale.  I should have familiarized myself with the new rules before I bought it. I felt like a ninny. And then I put the brakes on: it was only $1.75. I realized how the negative self-talk begins and I stopped it.

2) I walked instead of taking a rideshare.  I met Elaine and Will for lunch at Shake Shack, about a mile from the train station. I allowed myself enough time to walk it instead of taking an Uber. I'm glad I gave myself the exercise, saved myself the money, and got in touch with The Loop again.

3) I remembered to say thank you. At Christmastime, Elaine gave me body butter. I recently started using it because my skin is so FREAKING DRY! I told her about the relief it provides. I liked myself for remembering to tell her that her gift continues to be appreciated.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.