Friday, February 26, 2021

February Blogging Challenge -- Day 26

  

Visit Kwizgiver for the prompts

26) Most companies have a set of core values that act as guiding principals for their operations. On a personal level, what are your core values?

At the TCM Film Festival, in an interview about his career making movie music, Burt Bachrach said "Alfie" was his favorite song. While he wrote the melody, which is haunting and lovely, it's Hal David's lyrics that have always gotten to me, ever since I was a little girl. It puts my Christian faith in such accessible, conversational terms. 

We live in a country where some in the Christian community cling to Donald Trump with his casual cruelty, his win-at-any-cost mentality and the way he equates force with strength. My response is this lyric: 

If only fools are kind, then I guess it is wise to be cruel. And if life belongs only to the strong, what will you lend on an old Golden Rule?

As sure as I believe there's a Heaven above, I know there's something much more, something even non-believers can believe in. I believe in love.

When you walk, let your heart lead the way and you'll find love any day. 

 

I try to live this. I fall short often. I have an impetuous nature and a bad temper, both of which get in the way.

But I do believe this. It reflects who I want to be. And God knows how hard I try.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.