Saturday, August 29, 2020

I am safe.

I am safe. That was the mantra I landed on with my shrink this afternoon.

Lately I've been filled with dread. Having nightmares and waking up terrified of ... I'm not sure. I'm scared. I fear that something big and very bad is about to happen.  I can't shake it.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is why I'm in therapy.

She told me to try to stay in the moment. Don't worry about the pandemic, civil unrest, hurricane season or the ramifications of a Trump reelection. Just concentrate on now. And right now, I am safe and healthy in my own home.

I am safe.

She told me I'm not alone in this, that many patients have mentioned similar feelings to her. Country Dew was kind enough to tell me the same thing.

So tonight, before I go to bed, I'm going to take some nice Valerian root and curl up with a big picture book about Princess Diana. I love Princess Diana. Maybe I'll dig up a Jackie photo book and make it a double feature of beauty and grace and nostalgia. That will help me feel safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.