Saturday, October 12, 2019

Saturday 9



Live Like You Were Dying (2003)

Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.

 
1) This song is about a man whose father advises him to live life to the fullest, to become "the friend you'd like to have." How about you? Are you the friend you'd like to have? Yes. I am a good friend.


2) The song lists several "bucket list" items: skydiving, mountain climbing, riding a bull. Have you done any of those things? Would you like to? I would like to try skydiving. I think it might help me conquer my fear of flying.

3) In the music video, Tim McGraw is wearing a white button-down shirt, blue jeans and a cowboy hat. Which of those items is in your wardrobe? Jeans, jeans and more jeans.


4) He wears a cowboy hat because he is embarrassed by the size of his forehead. When you wear a hat, are you more likely doing it for style, like Tim, or for protection from the elements? I'm not much of a hatwearer. I'll wear a hood or earmuffs when the weather demands.

5) McGraw's biological father was Tug McGraw, pitcher for the Mets and Phillies. How did your baseball team do this season? Oh, my Cubs! They collapsed in September and the city is abuzz with who will be traded during the off season. We've already bid adieu to our fantastic manager, Joe Maddon, the man who led us to the World Series in 2016. The tension is unbearable, because I really love the core of this team and saying goodbye to any of these players will be wrenching. 


Hot rumor: KB won't be in Cubbie blue next year. BOO!

6) Tim McGraw and wife Faith Hill live just outside of Nashville. They enjoy inviting friends over to sit around a bonfire, drinking beer and playing guitars. Tell us about the most recent gettogether you had with friends. I don't tend to do big parties. I like one-on-ones with my friends. Recently, I caught up with Will, the moderator of our classic film group, before we attended the Noir City Film Festival together. It was nice because he and I are usually together in a group. It was interesting to get to know one another better, after knowing one another for more than five years.

7) Tim likes his tattoos. He admits his silliest one -- a leprechaun wearing a cowboy hat -- was acquired during a night of drinking. Do you have a tattoo? If so, are you glad you have it and would you get it again? No tattoos.

8) In 2003, when this song was popular, the supersonic

Concord took its last flight. When did you most recently board a plane? What was your destination? LAX-ORD. I was coming home from the TCM Film Festival. It was grand!


9) Random question: When did you last walk around the house naked? Just now. I sprayed moisturizer on my back and shoulders and didn't want it to rub off on my clothes.


7 comments:

  1. In the summer I wear hats to keep the sun off the top of my head and in the winter to keep the snow out of the back of my neck

    ReplyDelete
  2. You feature in my answer to #1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't own a pair of jeans. Can't fit into any. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were out here. I forgot that.
    And, maybe sky diving would help with fear of flying.
    Sorry about the Cubs. I always hope they do well and it's because of you. You have such a delight in them.
    Take Care Gal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You nudist you. Ha. Isn't your own space like the greatest thing ever?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure everything will be great with the Cubs. You guys make good trades. I am still confused by letting the manager go though. I like him. I cannot imagine Bryant or Rizzo playing anywhere else. I watch the Cubs during the offseason, so I will be interested to see what they do. I do hope you are happy in the end....like nest season when it gets started. It will be like when we lost Albert Pujols. :( It hurts! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, yeah...I'd say if you can handle jumping OUT of a plane riding IN one should be a piece of cake.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.