Tuesday, August 06, 2019

I knew what it was before I opened it.

As soon as I took the letter from my mailbox, I knew the contents. My doctor has announced her retirement.

I am upset about this because I found her so easy to talk to and I really trusted her. And because I hate change.

Part of me is happy for her, though. She worked hard and unfailingly displayed compassion, which has to be draining. Yes, the unselfish part of me hopes she enjoys a peaceful next chapter.

Unfortunately, the unselfish part of me is the smallest part.

1 comment:

  1. My doctor retired this past July. When I had my final appointment with her, we hugged and cried. I am nervous about the new doctor, but hopeful.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.