Thursday, April 19, 2018

Farewell, little Willow

Queen Elizabeth had to have her last corgi put to sleep. Willow was 14 years old.

Yes, she is one of the world's most famous women. Yes, she has eight (8!) official residences. No, she never wears earrings purchased at Claire's Boutique, like I do.

But in some very important ways, the Queen is just like you and me. She looked into the eyes of that dog and melted. When she learned that Willow's cancer was untreatable, she had to make the same decision that everyone who shares her home with a furry friend has to make. Even though she knows her corgi is gone, she'll still look at the spot at her feet, or by the door, or on the rug, where Willow always slept. And she will ache.

Of course, I'm thinking of my dear old Joey as I write this. I feel such a kinship with HRH right now. God save the Queen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.