Friday, May 26, 2017

A new member to my household

I went out this afternoon and bought myself a bed. A Serta iComfort Blue 100 Gentle mattress and box spring, to be exact. It promises me "cooling, pressure-relieving comfort" as I sleep.  

Look! A layer of Evercool Gel Memory Foam!


I felt like such a grown up, walking into the mattress department, making my choice, scheduling the delivery and haul-away of my existing bed. This feeling is silly, of course, as I know both of the men who waited on me were young enough to be my sons.

I spent a bit more on the mattress than I intended to, but since I got the box spring and delivery for free, I ended up just about where I figured I would. And, since I used my Sears card, I'll get 18 interest-free months.

I've scheduled delivery for June 19. I hope it goes smoothly. I'm glad I made this big purchase at Sears because Sears is the company that gave me my start as a copywriter. They're suffering mightily and rumor has it Christmas 2017 might be their last.

On June 19, I want to be able to shout from the rooftops that Sears did this well, from start to finish. I want to post on Facebook and Yelp and everywhere else that Sears deserves your business for big, consequential items -- as well as claw hammers and garden hoses.

Also, I want to cuddle up and sleep soundly on my new Serta bed!

But Sears did fuck me over -- via a third-party contractor -- back in 2013. So I'm wishing and hoping but I'm trying to temper my optimism with caution.



3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of your new bed. The dip I sleep in every night is giving back aches. Lol
    Enjoy your new bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your purchase! I'm in the process, too, but not in a hurry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just watched a YouTube video on Sears. I did not know that they really are already out of business since Kmart bought the a decade and a half ago. I'll miss what they were. When I was in marketing for Connecticut's electric company (2000-2002) Sears sold more appliances then everyone else together. Obviously that changed. Good luck with your bed!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about adding Comment Moderation, folks. But look at the bright side, at least I've gotten rid of word verification!