Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
|And I love him|
2) In this song, Ringo sings that you have to pay your dues. Do you belong to any organizations that require you to pay dues? Nope
3) He also sings, "you don't have to shout." When did you last raise your voice? I can't remember. Which is very nice, actually.
4) Ringo has two piercings on each ear and one tattoo on each arm. Do you have more piercings or body art? One hole in each ear. Dull, isn't it?
6) Ringo appeared as Mr. Conductor on Thomas the Tank Engine. He recorded the narration for the entire first season in just a week. Tell us what you did last week. I had a pretty good week at work. Things are starting to break my way politically and I did something so right for my client. Personally, it was tough. I'm a Cub fan, and I love, love, love this team. It was hard to watch those Mets games. It was hard to say goodbye to my guys after such a glorious season.
7) Ringo also did the narration for Ladybird children's books. Do you like audiobooks? Yes. My favorite is Furious Love, the wonderful biography of
Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton. I keep it on my iPod so when I'm doing something incredibly mundane -- like plugging quarters into the washer or waiting for the bus in the rain -- I can distract myself with the jewels and the glamour and the money and the sex. I try never to listen all the way through, though. For Furious Love does a great job of portraying them as two beautiful, doomed drunks who were helpless to keep their addictions from destroying their marriage. I only want the fun parts of their story, not the tragic part.
8) As a boy in Liverpool, Ringo loved watching American westerns. His passion
for the genre is reflected in the outfit he's wearing on the sleeve for "It Don't Come Easy." Do you like cowboy movies/shows? I never used to. But then, during the summer of 2014, I was sidelined with a bad cold and discovered all the 1960s era shows every afternoon on MeTV and TVLand. Now I love them. The cowboys are so handsome and good and true. I don't really like movie Westerns much. Clint Eastwood's are too dark and violent, and I maintain that John Wayne is the most overrated star in the history of ... stars.
9) You know what else don't come easy? Nine questions every week. Crazy Sam has heard it all: this meme asks too many movie questions, too many questions about sports, too many questions that sound familiar ... OK, now it's your turn. Help a tired meme mistress out. Contribute a random question that is not about movies or sports (pro or collegiate) and has never been asked before on this meme. Sam will compile these for an all-random Saturday 9 in November. That way she'll get a much-appreciated week off. Thanks for your help! I think I'll kick back and let everyone else answer this question.