So I should have said, "Plane crashes terrify me." Or, more accurately, "NOTHING scares me more than the thought of a plane crash."
And there was one today. In San Francisco. Lives were lost. I feel bad that instead of thinking about the victims, I am fixating on my own fear. Plus it's stirred vague feelings of hopelessness and depression.
My oldest friend had to put her cat to sleep. I haven't seen/won't see my best friend. The sister of an old high school friend has been on life support for nearly a week now.
I had such high hopes for accomplishment today, and then I let myself get deflated. I cleaned out the area under one of my dressers, filling a trash bag and taking it to the dumpster, but that's it.
I need to listen to His Lordship (in his Grammy-winning performance) and "Accentuate the Positive":
• My cats Joey and Charlotte are both so charming, loving and dear. Reynaldo has been making progress, too.
• I get along so well with my friend John and celebrating with him last night reminds me again of the value of long-standing friendships.
• Tomorrow is a free day and another opportunity for me to accomplish more.
• The Cubs upped their game and beat the fantabulous Pirates.
• It completely melts me when Paul adds an "r" and sings about "Joner and the whale."
Image courtesy of David Castillo Dominici/ FreeDigitalPhotos.net