Wednesday, November 28, 2012
THURSDAY THIRTEEN #199
THIRTEEN UP-TO-THE-MINUTE THINGS ABOUT ME
I stole this from some other blogger. I apologize for not giving him or her attribution but I no longer remember where it came from.
1. Outside my window… is the neighborhood's fanciest and tallest apartment building. I'm surprised no one seems to have their Christmas lights or tree up yet.
2. I am thankful… that my Thanksgiving Day birthday celebration went so well. I'd been dreading it, but I actually had a nice time.
3. In the kitchen… are the cats' no-longer-full bowls. They just ate and are now contentedly napping.
4. I am wearing… an I LOVE LUCY nightshirt.
5. I am creating… yet another TT!
6. I am going…to avoid Coca Cola for the rest of the evening. Damn that caffeine!
7. I am reading… I Remember Nothing by Nora Ephron. It's delightful.
8. I am learning… to lean on people more. Lately my friends have really come through for me when I have needed support.
9. I am pondering… what to do with the coupon from my local salon. Massage? Eyebrow shaping?
10. A favorite quote… "East is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does." Groucho Marx
11. One of my favorite things… NCIS. If you see Mark Harmon, tell him I love him.
12. A few plans for the rest of the week… l'm taking Friday and Monday off. Gotta burn those vacation days before the end of the year.
13. A peek into my day… I have a client presentation Thursday. It's a conference call. I hate those because I suspect my audience is really playing "Hang the Butcher" on their end and not really paying attention at all.
For more information about the Thursday Thirteen,
or to play yourself, click here.