1. What is your origin of your first name? What about any nicknames? Since my name is The Gal Herself, "the" is an article that denotes specificity. For example, I am The Gal Herself, not A Gal Herself. While I believe there is a similar article in most languages, "the" is English.
2. Have you any claims to fame? Not really. And after watching the pain and adversity suffered so publicly by Whitney Houston, Amy Winehouse, etc., I'm not sorry I'm just an average, anonymous ol' gal.
3. If you were famous, how would you introduce yourself to someone who had never heard of you? "Hello, I'm The Gal Herself."
4. Which of your country's achievements do you hold in highest regard? Our judicial system. Yeah, I know. We can look at well-known cases like Casey Anthony, OJ Simpson and, right now, Trayvon Martin and feel outrage and heartbreak. But we do see them, while in other countries they might never see the light of day. And we do have checks and balances. It's a very wise system we have been given.
5. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? A teacher or a nurse.
6. What was your most prized possession as a child? Do you still have it? My Lassie Dog. And yes, I still have her up in my closet.
7. What would you change about yourself, if you could? My weight!
8. What are you obsessed with? The 1960s. You know, the Beatles, the Kennedys, Mad Men ...
9. What is your greatest achievement so far, or the high point of your career? I have won some awards.
10. When/where were you happiest? In my mid 30s. I was in great shape, hitting my stride professionally, and in love.
11. And the lowest point in your life thus far? Oh, my. There have been a few. Since it's Easter Sunday, I'd rather focus on the fact that I came out of those bad times.
12. What was the best decision you ever made? Taking money out of my 401(k) to buy this condo. While property values have plummeted, at least I get a nice tax refund. I suspect if I'd let it all ride in the stock market I'd be very blue.
13. If you have any body modifications, which was most painful, or which do you regret the most? If you haven't got any, do you have any planned, or would you ever consider getting any? Huh?
14. What is the most idiotic thing you have ever done while intoxicated? Oh, good goobies! We could take a tour through Lincoln Park and visit all the public places where I threw up. Fortunately I've learned when to say when.
15. What is your favorite joke? I picked this up from another meme-r last time this question came up. Sorry I don't remember which one, because this is a great joke and I'd love to give credit where credit is so richly deserved: A woman races into the dry cleaner shop, breathlessly places a blouse on the counter and says, "I need this in an hour." The startled cleaner asks, "Come again?" "No, just gravy."
16. What is the coolest/most impressive thing you own? Oh, hell, I don't know.
17. When did you last cry, and why? I don't remember. I'm sorry. I feel like I'm being a dreadful disappointment, answer-wise, this morning.
18. What's the best piece of advice you've ever had? "When dealing with bosses, don't listen to what they say, watch what they do."
19. Similarly, what's the nicest thing anyone's ever done for you? I really appreciated how attentive people were when I was recuperating from surgery last fall.
20. Have you any vices? Do carbs count?
21. Do you regret anything? Regrets? I've had a few. But then again, too few to mention.
22. What is the best invention ever? The wheel.
23. How would you describe your relationship with your family? I have a strong relationship with the family I chose. The one I was born into? Eh.
25. What are you going to do when you've finished Sunday Stealing? Maybe church. Definitely going to visit my mom.