Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Thursday Thirteen #145

THIRTEEN GREATEST
MOVIE CHARACTERS
OF ALL TIME


Premiere Magazine did the original fun (but almost completely subjective) list. Being my own Gal, I didn't necessarily agree with their ranking, so I reworked it somewhat. (It took me to their #25 to create this 13.)

1. Don Corleone (Marlon Brando). The Godfather. 1972 I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse.

2. Scarlett O'Hara (Vivian Leigh). Gone with the Wind. 1939 Fiddle-dee-dee!

3. Norman Bates (Anthony Perkins). Psycho. 1960 I wouldn't hurt a fly.

4. Annie Hall (Diane Keaton). Annie Hall. 1977. Seems like old times, having you to walk with ...

5. Jeff Spicoli (Sean Penn). Fast Times at Ridgemont High. 1982. Sitting around, learning about Cuba and having some food.

6. Margo Channing (Bette Davis). All About Eve. 1950. Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night.

7. Charles Foster Kane (Orson Welles.) Citizen Kane. 1941. Rosebud.

8. Atticus Finch (Gregory Peck). To Kill a Mockingbird. 1962. It is a sin to kill a mockingbird because they do nothing but create beautiful music for the enjoyment of others and to kill it would be killing an innocent creature ...

9. Dorothy Gale (Judy Garland). The Wizard of Oz. 1939. If happy little bluebirds fly beyond the rainbow, why, oh why, can't I?

10. Rick Blaine (Humphrey Bogart). Casablanca. 1942. The problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world.

11. Susan Vance (Katharine Hepburn). Bringing Up Baby. 1938. Isn't this fun, David?

12. Travis Bickle (Robert DeNiro). Taxi Driver. 1976. You talkin' to me?

13. Gordon Gekko (Michael Douglas). Wall Street. 1987. Greed is good.

Now here are some of my personal favorites who didn't make Premiere's top 25.

Katie Morosky (Barbra Streisand). The Way We Were. 1973. You'll never find anyone as good for you as I am, to believe in you as much as I do or love you as much!

Bonnie Parker (Faye Dunaway). Bonnie and Clyde. 1967. Your advertising is just dandy. Folks would never guess you don't have a thing to sell.

Mary Poppins (Julie Andrews). Mary Poppins. 1964. Practically perfect in every way.


For more information, or to play along yourself, click here.


13 comments:

  1. A most excellent list. I think the only one I have not seen (and don't ask me how I've missed it) is Wall Street. My post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice nice list. Tells me I did miss a few of these although they are all very familiar. Noticed some of the italicized lines. So that's where they came from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun list! haven't seen them all but recognized most.

    happy thurs 13 I posted about my top 13 diet tips (helped me get from 308 to a healthy 135 lbs
    healh and happiness, Lady Rose (Blissful Moon)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice choices! Now I need to see their list to compare. :)

    Happy T13,

    ~Xakara
    13 Inspiring Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbra Streisand in The Way We Were. She was/is such a class act. I don't think anyone has outdone Judy in the role of Dorothy. Some made noteworthy attempts, but none like her.

    Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices, but I would definitely add Mary Poppins myself. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are way beyond my time..


    ~ Jo's Precious Thoughts ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, a most iconic list! http://looseleafnotes.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I love movies. Thanks for the quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree they left off some great ones. Julie Andrews hands down!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like your variety. Pretty much the same as I would have chosen.

    Have a great day!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/11/13-facts-about-veterans-day/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I confess I don't watch movies much, so the only one I am really familiar with is Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. I really need to rectify this missing part of my education.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would add "Verbal" Kent (Kevin Spacey) from The Usual Suspects.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.