Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday 9

Saturday 9: A Long December

1. Looking back at it now, how were your holidays and your time on New Year's Eve? I rang in 2011 with a very good friend in Key West. What's not to love about that?

2. Do you have any unusual collections? I suppose I collect purses. I guess what makes it unusual is that I never intended to have "a collection." I just bought bags that made me happy. And many, many bags make me happy.

3. If you could train a machine to do one thing for you whenever you wanted, what would you have it do? I live on the top floor, and the laundry room is in the basement. Nothing bugs me more than hauling all my dirty clothes, as well as the detergent and fabric softener, etc., and finding all the machines are already in use. If there was a machine that could somehow tell me which washers and dryers were available before I make that long trek, I would be happy. Well, happier.

4. What is one thing that makes you cry? I'm not much of a crier.

5. What do you love to do on the weekend? Go to the movies.

6. Do you and your family get along? Ha! I'm getting along well with my mom these days. As for the rest of 'em? Eh.

7. Have you ever gotten kicked out somewhere? If yes, do tell. The Nixon Presidential Museum. I corrected the docent a time or two and she objected to this. Specifically in the section regarding the 1960 election. She didn't appreciate my help. Actually, I am rather proud of this event. Presidential Museums should not deal in rumor and innuendo. Too bad I never made it to the exhibit regarding Cambodia ...

8. Who do you normally turn to when you need to complain about something? My friends.

9. What is the last thing you ordered on-line? Burberry short winter boots. (Half off, end of season sale!)

6 comments:

  1. Good for you at the Nixon museum. LMAO! Great job...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha- Nixon Museum. You should be proud!

    Have a great Saturday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/03/there-are-ducks-all-over-my-yard/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I made it to your blog from the Saturday 9. I live in Chicago too, and I too, work in advertising. I enjoyed my visit here today and will visit again soon. :)

    Enjoy your weekend.

    http://anywhere-is.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute boots! And I love the story of correcting the docent at the museum/library. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. we are opposite on the crying factor I cry at movies, in pain, and the list goes on

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the burburry signature pattern I usually get it on a scarf in winter, but those boots rock! I love handbags too. Bud kids me when I "change handbags" to match my outfits. Have a great weekend Gal!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.