Wednesday, March 09, 2011

It's always sunny in HoHoKam


It's an overcast, damp, drab 43º day here in Chicago. But where my Cubs are playing, in Mesa, it's a sunny, breezy 73º. It doesn't matter that my heroes in pinstripes are kinda sucking today. I mean, it literally doesn't matter because this is only preseason play. And it's fun to hear baseball -- even sucky baseball -- after the long, cold, lonely winter without it.

I also had a dream about my beloved future Hall of Famer, Greg Maddux, last night. He's been in the news lately because he's been mentoring some of the younger Cub pitchers. I dreamed that I saw him walking around by the Chicago River, carrying a golf club and smoking a celebratory cigar after doing especially well in some golf competition. He gave me an autograph and I told him I loved him and he smiled in a self-deprecating way. Apparently my dream took place in the future because he signed it HOF (Hall of Fame) and he won't be eligible until 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.