Friday, October 01, 2010

John Mahoney sighting

Had to go to the damn washeteria to do my laundry again last night. (Hopefully by next weekend the washers and dryers in my building will be repaired for good!) Anyway, the journey took me up the street where I used to live and I saw my former neighbor, John Mahoney, aka Frasier's dad. He was helping an elderly friend out of a car and into his wheel chair.

They both just said "hi," and I said "hi," back, more worried about the more senior citizen feeling on display with his disabilities than I was of embarrassing Mr. Mahoney.

The last time I saw him was maybe 7 or 10 Christmases ago, when I was behind him in line at Coconuts as he wrapped up his holiday shopping.

I like that he hasn't gone Hollywood, and still lives in his same apartment.

3 comments:

  1. i loved that show...omg i hate the laundry mat...!!! you poor thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How weird is it that I watched the movie Say Anything today and he was the dad in it. Weird that we both had sightings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would be a bit star struck if I happened to see someone famous while I was in town. But then again, Southern New Jersey isn't known for celebs outside of Atlantic City.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.