Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I Want Wednesday


I want THIS John Kerry to talk to THAT John Kerry. Then perhaps Senator John Kerry will show the nerve and nads and patriotism that Lt. John Kerry displayed when he asked a Senate hearing back in 1971 the question that got to the heart of the Viet Nam quagmire:

"How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?"

I admire John Kerry enormously. I always have. (Yeah, I know about his yacht. Bite me.) He's been a hero before, and has proven he loves his country and the troops that defend it. And I hate to think that he reached his moment of personal greatness before he turned 30.

Alert and alarm us about Afghanistan the way you did about Viet Nam, Senator. Please. Only this time, you'll be on the other side of the desk, asking the questions instead of answering them.

That's what I want this Wednesday.

What about you? What do you want today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.