Saturday, August 07, 2010

August Happiness Challenge 2010 -- Day 7

Today I'm happy that I have so much to be grateful for:

• As I went to the post office to send paperbacks to the troops, and then to the food pantry to contribute a variety of canned goods and pastas, I am grateful that I have the resources to do these really rather small things

• As I went to the vet with my beloved Charlotte, I was grateful for both her clean bill of health and that I can afford to give the furry souls that depend on me the care they deserve

• While doing laundry I encountered The Saddest Boy in the World. I was so grateful that if I'm alone on a Saturday night it's because I relish a little solitude after a week with an office full of people, and not that I'm lonely

I'm happy that I'm such a lucky old broad.

1 comment:

  1. I hope the troops really enjoy the books you sent out, that's actually a good idea. I have several James Patterson books laying around that I should send. Where do you sent them, Operation Shoebox or is there another organization for sending books overseas?

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.