Sunday, October 05, 2008

Today Peggy Noonan didn't annoy me!

This morning on Meet the Press, Ms. Noonan wasn't patronizing nor partisan nor pedantic. Instead, she was another "p" word, "patriotic." She was the voice of calm, of concern, and of consequence. She explained why she feared that John McCain was going to go the "scorched earth" route against Barack Obama, that Obama would then have to respond in kind, and how we would all suffer. She was impressive, not annoying, which is why I am giving her book a plug.

If that angry Noonan lover Steve is still lurking, I'm sorry but this is illustrated with her book cover, so there's no reason to defend her accessories or her lip gloss. Tee hee.

1 comment:

  1. I watched it also and thought she came across as the voice of reason. Unfortunately, the candidates aren't listening.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.