Sunday, October 05, 2008

Sunday Stealing -- The Aging Meme

At a certain age women should: cover up the weathered décolletage.

At a certain age men should: make peace with the receding hairline and give up the artful combing.

When I was a kid I thought I would: dye my hair blonde. (Didn't understand that it would make my skin look sallow.)

Now that I am older I wish: I had saved and flossed more.

You know you are too old to party when: the boys who ask you to dance are exactly that -- boys.

You know you are too young to retire when: you have only 53% of the money you need to maintain your lifestyle!

When I was in high school I listened to the music of: The Beatles

Nowadays I find I like the music of: The Beatles.

On my last birthday I: was miserable, because I shared the momentous occasion with Thanksgiving.

On my next birthday I want to: have a better time.

The best birthday present I ever got was: flowers from former coworkers, delivered to my new office. It was so thoughtful and the timing was perfect! (I have received many terrific gifts over the years, this was just the first one to pop into my head.)

The first time I felt grown up was: when my dad died.

The last time I felt like a kid was: when the Cubs clinched the division title.

When I read Saving Graces, by the inspiring Elizabeth Edwards, it changed my life.
Last year was: OK

Next year I hope: to see the beginning of the Obama Administration.

For more information, or to play yourself, click here.

4 comments:

  1. I *so* agree with you about next year! Have a great Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Cubs!!!!! The Beatles had good music to listen to ;) I still listen to their stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon said "Go Cubs." She's gotta get out more. My dad is a lifetime sports fan Get 'em next year. Have a great day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is so bad about sharing your birthday with Thanksgiving? Hmmmm???
    I have checked in late to the party but here nonetheless!

    Sunday Stealing with Judd Corizan

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.