Sunday, October 05, 2008

Just when I'm in danger of feeling good about myself ...

… I see Kelly Ripa. I don't watch Regis & Kelly, but I am aware that she has 3 young children, a really hot husband (Mark Consuelos), and a great body. I see her on commercials for Wisk and home appliances. She always looks terrific in a natural, girl next door kinda way, even though she clearly has a busy life.

I'm a pudge who was too lazy to work out today. Today I cleaned my tiny kitchen and yesterday it was my teeny-tiny bathroom and was feeling virtuous. Then I saw that I still haven't replaced the shelf paper under the sink, even though I bought the new stuff at Ace Hardware back on July 14 (the receipt is still in the bag). My living room, bedroom and den are all messes.

Kelly Ripa is busier than I am and yet maintains her looks and her life. Kelly Ripa's house is clean. Kelly Ripa works out. I bet even when her hair is in the in-between growing out stage my hair is in, she knows how to blow it out so it still looks sleek.

I hate Kelly Ripa. Almost as much as I hate me.

3 comments:

  1. Kelly Ripa has a team of people that help her keep it all together. She's not that real. Don't hate her... and most of all, don't hate yourself.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Kwizgiver says. There's a chick at my office who admires Sarah Palin (UGH) because she can do it all. I had to remind her that she can "do it all" because she has lots of people around her managing her life, kids, etc.

    For all of us, we are not always as it seems on the surface. And quit comparing yourself to others! You are fabulous all by yourself! :)

    This peptalk brought to you by "Cheeryourassup.com" heheh

    Have a good Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. Not only were your comments sweet, you're both right. It's just ... sigh ... sometimes it feels like it all gets away from me. (I really should throw receipts away immediately so incriminating dates can't come back to haunt me!)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.