Tuesday, May 06, 2008

More tests!

My mom thought she was coming home today, but she isn't. Her doctors want to take one last, longing look at her lungs and blood. So I get to wait another day to play Nurse Nancy. (I had this book when I was little and completely loved it.)

My mom is not unhappy, nor is she disappointed, about staying another day in the hospital. She's of the generation when women stayed in the hospital for 5 days after even the uneventful delivery of a healthy baby, so she expects to remain in the hospital until she's strong again. Alas, the world has changed. But at least she gets another night to feel "safe."

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:31 PM

    Love the picture of Nurse Nancy - and, as I am sitting here at my computer desk, I have pulled out my copy of Doctor Dan the Bandage Man (complete with two real Band Aid adhesive bandages!) This LGB is a 1977 copy - oh how I still wish I had my 1950 copy.

    Hope all goes smoothly when your mother gets home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I came here to comment about having Doctor Dan the Bandage Man too! We have an older copy (not 1950, Mom, so don't worry) and a new reissue that still has the Bandaid in it. LS likes to read it. I never read Nurse Nancy, though. (And, oddly enough, I do NOT remember reading this as a child ... the first I remember knowing about it was when my little cousin wanted to read it all.the.time. when he was 2)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.