Friday, January 05, 2007

In praise of ... well ... ME

I'm still pudgy and have yet to step foot on a treadmill this year. I emptied my shelves back on December 14, with every intention of restoring order to my personal library, but the books are still all over the floor. I returned home on New Year's Day but have yet to put my luggage away.

I am lazy. I am sloppy. I lack self discipline.

But damn, I'm good at this job. We presented to the client yesterday, and while I was speaking, I felt it: "I own this room." I was just authoritative enough to maintain their respect, just self-deprecating enough to win them over emotionally. Of course it didn't hurt that the work I presented was solid. I wish my art director/partner was here today so he could share in the afterglow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.