Monday, December 04, 2006

Farewell, Max


George Clooney's beloved potbellied pig, Max, passed away Friday. More than 18 years old, Max had a very good life with The Sexiest Man Alive. The 300 lb. pig slept in the doorway of Clooney's home and was stepped over by the journalists, photographers, actors and politicians who entered. Though he suffered from some age-related maladies (arthritis, blindness), Max retained his "massive" appetite until the end.

My condolences to Gorgeous George. Since he mentioned Hattie McDaniel in his Oscar acceptance speech, let me paraphrase her in Gone With the Wind, "I have never seen any man, black or white, set such store in a potbellied pig."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.