Monday, November 13, 2006

I wanted to love it ...

… but, alas, I only liked Borat.

I think that even at only 84 minutes, it's a little long. The segment where our hero ruins the antique store ran on a bit, and it seemed like every piece after that could have been edited some.

Which is not to say I didn't enjoy it. I did. And I certainly appreciated much of what Mr. Cohen was trying to say. It's just that I'd heard this was the funniest movie ever. And I believe I laughed longer and harder at Animal House.

So hi, Mr. Sagdiyev, I'm Eric Stratton and I'm damn glad to meet you. While I hope that your cultural learnings of America will make benefit glorious nation of Kazakhstan, I'm afraid you're no Bluto Blutarsky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.