Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I'm looking away now

I heard about the destruction of the UN post and the casualties late this afternoon. It broke my heart. It's THE UNITED NATIONS, people! This is how massive world wars begin. I can't stand it.

I checked CNN.com regularly at work. I've watched CNN since I got home. I heard Senator Allen talk about how great it was that Israel also managed to take out a Hezbollah leader. I'm against terrorists and murderers, of course, but it makes me very uncomfortable and sad to hear a self-proclaimed Christian sound like a cheerleader when discussing the death of a fellow human being. ANY fellow human being. (It's interesting that Allen is against protecting a woman's reproductive rights but is downright giddy over the violent death of another person. WWJD, Senator?)

All this is so sad. All this is so pointless. None of this will accomplish anything. Iraq, Iran, Korea, Lebanon, Israel, Pakistan … Dear God, where are we headed?

I'm turning away from CNN now. Maybe My Fair Brady is on VH1. I need complete escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.