Saturday, July 29, 2006

Icky Vicki of the of the Main Post Office in Oak Park, IL -- Part 2

I won't go into the detail about precisely how rude my favorite public "servant" was yesterday (except to say that I believe she took her afternoon break while waiting on me). But it was so grating that on the way out of the post office I took that happy little take one, with the smiling lady in the blue uniform, with the headline, "Let's hear from you." (Smiling? Does Vicki know she's supposed to smile?)

I called the toll-free number and complained about dear, sweet Vicki. I emphasized that every at the post office is friendly and helpful … except Vicki. It's true. Everyone smiles, everyone chats, everyone offers me phone cards, stamps or money orders … except dour, unfriendly, unhappy Vicki.

Complaining felt good. My tax dollars help pay that bitch's salary. The least she could do is return the courtesy I show her. We all inhabit this planet together. A minimal amount of respect helps keep the emotional temperature tolerable, even during this heat wave.

But can she spit in my mail?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.