Saturday, August 08, 2009

Sunday Stealing

The Now Vs. Then Meme

Then: August 1999

1. Age: 42

2. Romantic Status: Involved with Colin

3. Occupation: Associate Creative Director

4. Fun night out: Movies, dinner, drinks after work

5. My BFFs: My oldest friend, Jon, Chad, Phil, Mindy, John, Cathy

6. I spent way too much time: in front of the TV

7. I spent not enough time: thinking about money

8. I wanted to be when I grew up: taller (by 42, I was grown up)

9. Biggest concern: I don't recall, but knowing me I'll bet it was something to do with Colin

10. What my biggest concern should have been: Money

11. Where did I live: In my tiny apartment (3A)

12. Dumbest thing I did that year: Went to Key West for my birthday instead of New Year's because I was worried about flying aroud the time of the millennium (remember Y2K?)

13. If I could go back now and talk to myself I would say: "You're right about Colin. He's sweet and fun, but this relationship won't really be of much consequence."



Now: August 2009

1. Age: 52

2. Romantic Status: Unattached

3. Occupation: Associate Creative Director (but at a different agency)

4. Fun night out: Good food and good conversation

5. My BFFs: My oldest friend, my best friend, John, Mindy, Kathleen

6. I spend way too much time: on the computer

7. I spend not enough time: doing housework

8. I want to be when I grow up: taller (by 52, I am beyond grown up)

9. Biggest concern: Money

10. What my biggest concern should be: Money

11. Where do I live: My condo

12. Dumbest thing I have done this year: Actually watched Celebrity Apprentice

13. What I think I would say to myself in 10 years: "You took very good care of your mother."

Summary:

1. What do I miss most from 1999: Jon (without the "h"), a friend and coworker. He and I have drifted apart, but I think of him often.

2. What do I miss least from 1999: That little apartment. It was a vintage building with temperamental wiring and if I kept the ac on for too long I'd blow a fuse.

3. What have I accomplished in 10 years that I am most proud of: Bought this condo

4. What have I NOT accomplished in 10 years that I wish I had: Become more disciplined about money, housework, etc.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:40 AM

    interesting list you 've got...
    happy ss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah...money is a sweet big concern. happy sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) loved readin ur meme :)

    Happy Sunday

    Then vs. Now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Money is a big concern at my house too! Have a great Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colin? Colin Farrel? Oh....okay, it was just a pipe dream for me. LOLOLOL

    My Sunday Stealing is posted if you can find time today to stop by and visit. Have a Super day ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Housework stinks! I wouldn't regret not doing enough of it :)
    Have a great Sunday!
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/08/1999-versus-today.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sucks that you and Jon have drifted apart, I hope you'll get reacquainted soon. Your job sounds interesting! Happy Sunday!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I forgot Celebrity Apprentice! I'll climb on board that one as "dumbest thing" too. {eyeroll}

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should be proud of your condo! That is a big thing in 10 years. I'm just three apartments removed...

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.