Saturday, August 08, 2009

09 August Happiness Challenge -- Day 8

Saturday. Cardio. I feel good. Because I didn't have many Saturday errands to run, I was able to spend as much time as I wanted on the bike and the elliptical and I pushed myself a bit.

Yes, I read this week's Time cover story ("Why Exercise Won't Make You Thin"). I'm willing to entertain that much of that article is true. But note I didn't say I felt "thin." I feel good. I'm confident that if I concentrate on being healthier, the weight loss will follow. As for now, it's nice to know I did something healthy for my heart, lungs, and bone density. It gives me a sense of accomplishment and well-being (and that zen feeling may come in handy during tonight's Cub game -- see post below.)

2 comments:

  1. Endorphins are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:04 PM

    I'm going to get my exercise in tomorrow by cleaning up the place. My mother's coming for a short visit on Monday...

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.