Thursday, May 08, 2008

How I know my mom is feeling better …

She's STILL in the hospital. She's coming home tomorrow afternoon (so they assure me -- as they assured me Tuesday and Wednesday and today). But today we gossiped about Jennifer Aniston and John Mayer. And my uncle's first wife, who was nice enough to call my mom in the hospital -- she's so much nicer than his second wife. And Hillary Clinton (my mom feels suprisingly sorry for her and hopes she can get out of the race with her pride in tact).

These are not the topics that preoccupy a woman who is afraid she'll never be able to breathe normally again. Hopefully we'll be able to have a sleep-over tomorrow night at her house, and I'll give her early Mother's Day gifts.

2 comments:

  1. It's good to hear that your mother is on the mend. I just took a look at TCM's lineup for tomorrow and found that they are showing Paul Newman films for most of the day starting at 6 AM EST. Since I remembered that you are a fan, I thought I would give you a heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that your mother is in the hospital. I can relate to many of the things you talk about on your blog as we are the same age...I'll be turning 50 later this year. My daughter and I talk about Jen and John too! Hope you have good news about your mom and that you get to spend Mother's Day together at home...

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.