Thursday, May 08, 2008

Hugging Victoria

I'm sitting here waiting to hear that my mom is finally coming home from the hospital (long story, separate entry to come) and I'm watching an infomercial for Victoria Principal's Reclaim cosmetics line.

I like Victoria's products and have been using some of them for more than a decade. I know I don't look my age and I give this line some credit for that. But if Victoria Principal and I were to suddenly cross paths, would I hug her in gratitude? No. A handshake, sure. Perhaps even a surprised, delighted squeal. But no hug.

That's one thing I've noticed about this infomercial: all the women who are on air to provide testimonials seem so comfortable with Victoria, so eager to hug her.

Is it because the products are so wonderful? Because these women watched her as Pam on Dallas for all those years?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:56 PM

    I don't know if it's total gratitude, perhaps its just the fact that they are huggers and hugging-even "strangers" feels natural.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.