Tuesday, February 05, 2008

I admit it. I was verklempt.

This morning, when I went to vote and saw the names of a woman and an African American on the Presidential ballot, I was amazed and thrilled. Yes, I knew I'd find Clinton and Obama there, but actually seeing it had an undeniable impact on me. We have come such a long way during my lifetime, and I am very proud of the Democratic Party and of my country.

As Barack Obama just said tonight: "We are who we've been waiting for." My party now reflects my community. How cool is that?

4 comments:

  1. I felt the exact same way when I voted last month.

    Of course, my vote didn't actually COUNT, which brought about entirely different feelings. GRRRRR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "We are who we've been waiting for." I LOVE that!! Isn't it amazing how very far we have come?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved his speech last night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's true, I think it's amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.